How to post a photo.

Wheeledbeast
In overdrive

How to post a photo.

Postby Wheeledbeast » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:10 am

Easy attaching a picture.
After you have typed your message scroll down and under the message is a box called Upload attachment. Click on the Browse… tab and find your pictures on your hard drive. Click open and you should return to the forum. The last thing you need to do is click on the Add the File tab tab, there will be a few seconds of up loading and then it is done.
Harder, But Better attaching a picture.
Go to photo bucket https://secure.photobucket.com/register and sign up for a free account. (Other web hosts are available). Once you have your account, log in and go to the “Uploader” Tab. Then click onto Choose photos and videos Button find your pictures on your hard drive. Click open and you should return to the Photo Bucket. Then you need to view Uploads. Find the picture you have just uploaded and look at it. On the right hand side you will find a list of Share Links. If you click on one of the links it will copy on to your clip board. I use Direct.
Due to the new rules You will need to Pay around £300 to use this service. This seems excessive and i can not recommend it. Photobucket claim the photos previously stored with then are safe and can be down loaded. I have tried to down load my own personal photos from my photobucket account and have not been able to. In my personal opinion Photobucket have ated in an unreasonable and dishonorable fashion. I can not therefore recommend using there services to anyone else.

Next write your message on the forum. When you want to put in the photo press the IMG button. will appear in you post. Paste the link to your photo in between the two Square brackets. [ img]Your%20link%20here[ /img]. ( Pressing the Ctrl button and V at the same time will paste).
If I have forgotten anything please add it on.
Good Luck :)
Last edited by Wheeledbeast on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wheeledbeast
In overdrive

Re: How to post a photo.

Postby Wheeledbeast » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:48 am

Resizing photos
Before you start uploading you can reduce the size in Ms Paint.
Right click on the photo in your folder and choose “open with” you will get a list of programs, you need to choose the one called paint, the icon is like an artist’s pallet. (When the picture opens you will probably only be able to see one corner of it).
On the menu bar in paint there is a box labelled select. If you click on select there is an option called select all, you choose that. Then just next to select is an option called resize. Click on resize and change the percentage from 100 to something like 20. (This has ruined your photo, but don’t worry you will not save it!). On the other side of the select button is the cut (scissors) Icon. Press this and your photo will disappear. Then click the file menu (Top left) and press the “new” button.
You will be asked if you want to save the picture, say NO. A new small blank picture should appear. ( a big blank picture appears, grab the bottom right hand corner of it and drag it to small). Next click the paste clip board icon (just next to select). Your picture should reappear, but much smaller than it was. You will need to save this photo under a different name, and then you can upload it.
I know this seems complicated, but it gets easy with a bit of practice. You can also use this meth od to crop your photos, simply use select rectangle instead of select all and the draw the rectangle around the bit of photo you want to keep.
There is probably a faster way to do all this, may be some one more “computer-ish” than me will be able to help us with, but this way will definitely do the job for now.

Tomsmd
High range

Postby Tomsmd » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm trying to post the image at this link

https://flic.kr/p/Dg4Cid

Can't get it to work for some reason.

https://flic.kr/p/Dg4Cid

22900013A
The 1-Ton Wonder

Postby 22900013A » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Flickr is very tricky to get it to work linked to other sites, I'm not even sure if it can be done .
http://sebvehicles.blogspot.co.uk/
http://eblrs.co.uk
1966 IIA Swb 24125067C ex-SEB managers vehicle HMO968D
1969 IIA 1-Ton 22900013A ex-SEB NBK148G
1973 III 1-Ton 26600078A ex-SEB Cherrypicker VJT440L
1973 III 1-Ton 26600082B ex-SEB MRX287L

Tomsmd
High range

Postby Tomsmd » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Using imgur Flickr proved to be rubbish

Wheeledbeast
In overdrive

Postby Wheeledbeast » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:49 pm

I dont understand the flikr :cry:

Tomsmd
High range

Postby Tomsmd » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Why have my pictures started appearing massively oversized?
Figured it out, adjust the settings on Imgur

Wheeledbeast
In overdrive

Postby Wheeledbeast » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 am

imgur.com seems to offer a photo hosting service currently Free of charge. I will have a look at this over the next week or so.

Last edited by Wheeledbeast on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

wilberth
Running on six!

Postby wilberth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm using tinypic. Don't know when it started, but as a free of charge service I wasn't expecting it to last. It worked for me for the past couple of years nevertheless and it allows you to create links to any given photo in various sizes.